I got a chance to interview this magical textile artist and she is generously offering one of my readers a chance to win one of these two hand-woven celtic knot wall hangings. They are one continuous looped strand of yarn based on real Celtic knots, with strands woven over and under. Read on to enter.
FreeDragon is also offering free shipping through January with code FREESHIP
Me: How did you get started working with fabrics?FreeDragon: I started sewing when I was 23. (I will be 35 tomorrow) My mother, grandmother, and all my aunts sew. My mother used to make my clothes and I would play with the fabric scraps. I liked to glue the scraps to paper.
Me: Is there a special place your creative inspirations comes from? How does your religion/faith path impact your creativity?
FreeDragon: Inspiration usually comes from art or nature. I like pretty things and if I see something beautiful I want to recreate it. Sometimes I treat my projects like spells. I'll smudge the materials with incense and start the project on a particular moon phase. I'll make careful choices about numerology and color meaning.
FreeDragon: As for dragons- I've always liked them and I can't remember any time when they weren't in my life. I was going to say I just started working with owls because I wanted a powerful totem to protect my blog against hackers, but now that I think about it, owls have always been in my life too. I like birds in general- crows and humming birds are more of my favorites. Of course, I think dragons should have wings. Maybe I just like things that fly!
GIVEAWAY: How to Enter to win your choice of handmade Celtic Knotwork Wall Hangings...Mandatory Entry: Visit FreeDragon’s shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/FreeDragonFabrica and browse around then come back here and leave a comment about your favorite item. Please note you must be or become a follower of this blog (through GFC or NetworkedBlogs) to be eligible to win. Please make sure you include a way to contact you if you win in your mandatory entry comment.
Extra Entries: Please leave one separate comment for each entry:
- +1 entry – follow FreeDragon’s blog Free Thoughts of FreeDragon publicly through GFC
- +1 entry - follow FreeDragon on twitter (include user-name in your comment)
- +1 entry – Add FreeDragonFabrica to your favorites on Etsy (include user-name in your comment)
- +1 entry – Add FreeDragonFabrica to your circle on Etsy (include user-name in your comment)
- +1 entry – follow me (EmKatCreations) on twitter (include user-name in your comment)
- +1 entry (once per day) – mention this giveaway on twitter or facebook (comment with the link, and tag @EmKatCreations)
- +3 entry – blog about this giveaway (please comment with the link)
- +5 entry – make a purchase from FreeDragonFabrica (include transaction link in your comment)
This giveaway IS NOW CLOSED
ends in two weeks at midnight EST on 20th Jan. 2012. Open to followers WorldWide! Winner will be chosen by online random generator. The Winner will be notified by email and has three days to reply or another winner will be chosen.