- beautiful things from crafty witches
- a monthly give-away (still time to enter)
- pagan organization features (next week).
I miss my altar.
When I was in college I had less space but I guess I also had less stuff taking it up. I had two milk crates stacked up with books in the bottom one, altar stuff storage in the middle and an ever-changing altar on the top. It seems like my magic was ever-present and much more organic as it was changed, reinforced and supported all the time because my altar was in the center of my collegiate crossroads crucible.
Then I graduated, got a job, got married, moved out of my 'rents, eventually had a little one... and somewhere along the way I lost that physical manifestation of my magic and my faith. I tried to re-capture it a couple times.
- I asked the (now ex) husband for a third bedroom for all my witchy stuff, but that's not in the center of my world
- I have all my witchy books in those same milk crates, but they're sitting un-read and the cat's window seat is on top of them
- I have an heirloom bookshelf that holds all my stuff (cause I'm totally a stuff witch), but the top is for lamps and boxes and bottles... not an altar space
And most of all it's in the center of my little apartment world, a place I can re-assert my magic and faith everyday without penciling time into my (ridiculous) schedule. I am so excited.
**Imagine a picture here that I will add when I finally get home**